Please note that the following Twitter predictions are speculative and are subject to change based on many factors.
It’s been chaos for Twitter this past year, and some argue the past few years. So what does the platform’s future look like, based on the present? Here are a few predictions. Do you agree or disagree?
1. More audio and video content. Because of the popularity of platforms like TikTok and Clubhouse, Twitter may see more benefits in audio and video content.
2. Security, security, security. We could see Twitter stepping up its game in protecting data and privacy.
3. Investments in AI. Since AI has a track record for improving user experiences and increasing engagement, Twitter may utilize machine-learning algorithms. What does this mean for the consumer? Better content recommendations, personalized advertising and more accurate sentiment analysis.
4. More purchase power. As we’ve seen with the decline and bankruptcy of Bed, Bath and Beyond that many scholars agree was due to its late adoption of e-commerce, Twitter may consider improving the user experience by allowing them to purchase products right from the platform. Imagine shoppable tweets, product catalogs and integration with third-party e-commerce platforms.
5. No surprise, greater regulation and oversight. As social media platforms come under increasing scrutiny from regulators and policymakers, Twitter may face greater regulation and supervision. Keep your eyes open for content moderation guidelines, transparency reports and improved data protection requirements.
Don’t have the time to go down this rabbit hole? Partner with an agency like Glint Advertising to research, make recommendations and keep your brand fresh.